1. What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are saved to your computer via your browser when you use our website. These text files contain information relating to the provision of user-friendly services and are read out from web browsers. Cookies enable our website to "recognise" you again so that our web server can provide you with a more personal, better and faster website tailored to your needs.
Please therefore bear in mind that you may not be able to access certain web content if you block cookies.
Generally speaking, cookies are classified as follows:
- Session-related cookies: These cookies are saved to your computer or end device when you surf our website and are deleted when you leave.
- Permanent cookies: These cookies remain on your computer for an extended period.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are generated by partner websites and are embedded in our website. They serve, for instance, the delivery of personalised adverts.
Generally speaking, we only use Internet technologies (e.g. cookies, Java Script) to make it easier for you to use our website and to optimise our offer and your communication with our content:
- We use so-called session cookies to keep the current session active.
- We use third-party cookies as they help us improve your experience with our content and adverts.
This website also uses web analysis services from Google. For further details please see "Privacy".
3. Third-party cookies
Some third parties save cookies to your computer, in particular to register visitor behaviour and customise offers (including advertisements). A platform may contain a number of third-party cookies. You can find out about how a third party uses its cookies on the corresponding network pages. You can find notes on networks in the table below. We do not have any control whatsoever over third-party cookies. We therefore recommend you check third party websites with regard to what cookies they use and how. The "Digital Advertising Alliance" offers a collective Opt-Out for all DAA companies for popular third-party providers such as Facebook, Google, etc. Please see section 4 and 5 for additional information.
4. We currently use the following cookies
__utma - Google Analytics Logs visits and visitors
__utmb - Google Analytics Logs new visitors
__utmc - Google Analytics Used in conjunction with __utmb to establish a new or recent visit. It is removed when the browser is closed down
__utmz - Google Analytics Logs the source or campaign from where the visitor has come from
__utmx - Google Analytics A cookie used specifically for testing and experiments within Analytics
__gat - Google Function-related cookie with different purposes
5. Managing cookies / objection
You can find the options settings for managing cookies in your browser's settings. Most browsers have the following settings options:
- View cookies
- Allow cookies
- Deactivate some or all cookies
- Deactivate all cookies when the browser is closed down
- Block cookies
- Notify when a cookie will be saved
- Object to tracking web analysis
You can find the instructions on how to deactivate cookies for the following browsers on the websites of the corresponding manufacturer. If you block our cookies in your browser you will not be able to use every area of our website:
Chrome (Windows) / Chrome (Mac) / Chrome für iOS / Chrome für Android